Association of Tennessee Valley Governments 2016 Winter Meeting.
January 27-28, 2016 Chattanooga, TN.
Chattanooga Marriott Downtown
2 Carter Plaza Chattanooga, TN 37402
*** Registration forms must be received by Monday, July 13th***
11:30 a.m. Working Lunch at Doubletree
▪ Welcome and Introductions – Ron Woody
▪ Program Overview – Mike Arms
▪ TVA Update – Bert Robinson
1:00 p.m. Depart for Y-12 National Security Complex
▪ History and Overview of Y-12 – Ray Smith
▪ Presentation on Proposed Manhattan Project National Park
2:15 p.m. Depart for Kingston Fossil Plant
▪ Overview of Plant Operations
▪ Presentation on Ash Spill Recovery
▪ Plant Tour
5:00 p.m. Return to Doubletree 6:30 p.m. Social Event and Dinner
8:00 a.m. ATVG Board Meeting (separate agenda will be provided) with Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Depart for Oak Ridge National Laboratory
▪ Presentation and Tour of Oak Ridge Computing Facility (Super Computer)
▪ Presentation and Tour of Spallation Neutron Source 11:15 a.m. Return to Doubletree; Noon:
Big Ed’s Pizza Lunch (optional)
* Important Note: Guests and Spouses are invited on all tours: must be U.S. citizens;
Government-Issued Photo ID REQUIRED; need FULL names IN ADVANCE and last 4 digits of each person’s social security number.
Please help us make necessary arrangements by letting us know if you will be attending. Send the
enclosed registration form by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by U.S. mail to: ATVG, P.O. Box
3578, Clarksville, TN 37043.
TVA returns 5 percent of its gross proceeds from the sale of power to the states and counties where it does business and has power facilities. Those are the seven TVA states, plus Illinois where TVA has coal reserves.
For fiscal year 2014, TVA paid more than $533 million in tax equivalent payments.
These tax equivalent payments, distributed by the states under their own formulas, help fund many different state and local government initiatives, including:
Total payments by TVA to each state for fiscal year 2014 were: